COVID-19 Updates & Protocols committed to keeping you safe and your cat happy and healthy.
Hello from Dr. Gina & Cat Doctors:
First, it is our sincerest hope that this message finds you and your families in good health and staying safe, and our thoughts are with anyone who has been affected. Santa Barbara has been through a lot in the past few years, but now we are in unprecedented times with the spread of the novel coronavirus. We are staying committed to the health and safety of all our feline and human friends but must adapt to guidelines as they change in order to protect everyone involved. As veterinarians are still considered essential at this time, we will continue to serve you as best as we can, and stay open as long as we can. We pride ourselves on our personal, friendly, and attentive service, and to make these changes is very hard for all of us. However effective Friday, March 20 we have made the following changes in accordance with CDC, AVMA, SB County Health Department, and California State recommendations:
- Cat Doctors will be open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5:30 pm. Starting Saturday March 21, we are no longer open on Saturdays as long as any mandates are in place.
- We are adhering to all recommended safety and sanitary protocols: sanitizing doors, counters, machines, seats, etc. to keep Cat Doctors as clean as possible, as well as washing for 20-30 seconds in between each and every patient and client. Our staff may also be wearing gloves & masks–please know that this is only to keep everyone as safe as possible. If any of our team members becomes sick, Cat Doctors may have to close, and we would like to prevent that.
- If you feel sick in any way, please alert us ahead of time, and if possible send a healthy family member or friend in your place.
- In order to comply with social distancing of 6 feet, clients will no longer be able to enter the facility without prior approval. We also request only one pet parent per cat to enter the hospital.
- Please call or email at least 24 hours ahead for any prescription or food request pickups so we may have everything ready for you.
- Upon arrival, please stay in your car and wait for us to come to you or call us to alert us you have arrived.
- All cats must be safely housed in an enclosed carrier.
- If you are here for an appointment, a team member will collect your cat and all pertinent information for their exam. Patients will be brought inside for exams, diagnostics, and treatment. Dr. Gina will stay in contact with you to discuss recommendations, findings, and treatment plans. Once complete, a team member will bring out your cat, go over any questions or medications, and collect payment from your vehicle (with our new mobile machines we sanitize with every use).
- If you are here for prescription or food pickups, please call us from your car to make sure we have everything you need. A team member will bring everything out to you and collect payment from there. If paying by cash, please have correct change.
- We are happy to provide consultation appointments (via phone, email, or video chat) in place of regular appointments on a case by case basis. These may be done for active clients and patients that have had exams with Dr. Gina in the last 12 months. Please call us or email us for more information.
- We will continue to check all voice mails and emails during normal business hours, and return your calls/emails as soon as we are able. Additionally, Dr. Gina will be periodically checking emails during our closed hours and weekends, so please email Dr. Gina here.
- For a pet emergency, you may still contact us at any time, or visit VCA CARE on Haley & Garden.
- When you shop at our new online store, you are buying directly from us, keeping your money local, and supporting our staff. We thank you for your support of this locally owned small business. Cat Doctors thanks you for your patience, as we are all doing our best to serve you, your cat, our staff, and the community. We must commit to keeping our staff healthy in order to be here to serve you, our precious clients, and the cat community at large. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation changes.
Dr. Gina Sullos and your team at Cat Doctors
For the most up to date information on the coronavirus in pets and in people, please see these other resources of interest:
Cat Doctors is excited to announce the opening of our ONLINE STORE!
In these unusual times, small businesses are struggling more than ever. Any purchase you make from our online store is buying directly from us without worry of counterfeit products or data mining of your information. If you are currently buying your food or medication from a large online retailer, please consider supporting your local small business and buying from us today. We have competitive pricing and product guarantees. Just click the link and hit “register”-it’s that easy!
FROM OUR PRACTICE TO YOUR FRONT DOOR
Not all websites offering pet medications are safe or reputable. The FDA warns that some sites are fronts for businesses breaking Federal, State or International laws. These illegal pet pharmacies may be selling product that is misrepresented, expired, incorrectly labeled, or dangerous. Other websites may not secure your payment and other personal information, leaving you vulnerable to identity theft. To help protect your pet and provide you peace of mind, our practice offers. MyVetStoreOnline, an online store linked within our website. MyVetStoreOnline is backed by an accredited veterinary pharmacy, verified by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.
Why use our online store? Stay SAFE
Keep your pets SAFE when purchasing pet medication online:
S tay away from websites without .pharmacy domain
A lways check for site accreditation.
F ollow your Veterinarian’s recommendations.
E ducate yourself about online pet pharmacies.
Order your cat’s medicine, food, and supplies 24/7, our online store is always open so you can stay at home.
TRUSTED, manufacturer guaranteed products.
CONVENIENT single dose delivery with no additional shipping cost for easydoseit! items.
AUTOMATIC deliveries of medications and diets. Never any additional shipping cost for diets.
FREE shipping on orders over $38. Excludes products requiring expedited shipping.
VALUE with competitive pricing.
SUPPORT available at (844) 654-6876.
Our Online Store is Now Open!
During this uncertain time, it is a good idea to stock up on your cat’s food and medication.
We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Please call us with any questions or concerns.
Proud to be gold certified!
The Gold Certificate is presented to a practice that “has taken the optimum steps to become a Cat-Friendly Practice by creating a practice that values the feline patient’s distinct needs in both the physical environment of the practice and the way in which medical care is delivered.”
Have a questions?
Our team is here to help! Complete the form below and we will be in touch with you shortly.